Teeth Extractions in Eagle, CO
Although saving your natural teeth is always the goal at Castle Park Dental, a tooth extraction is inevitable when a root canal or other restorative procedure cannot save the tooth.
When tooth extraction is necessary
Our dentists may need to remove one or more of your natural teeth as part of an orthodontic treatment plan or in other situations when:
- Baby teeth won’t fall out on their own, causing problems with permanent teeth ready to emerge
- You have wisdom teeth and there’s no room for them to come in, causing them to become impacted
- When a tooth is so badly damaged after trauma to the mouth that your dentist cannot save it
- When you have severe tooth decay and replacing the tooth is the best option
What to expect during teeth extractions
Tooth extraction involves removing the affected tooth and its roots from the socket in your jaw bone. During the procedure, you can expect to feel pressure, but no pain. Most simple extractions can be done using a local anesthetic, and we offer nitrous oxide if you need something to relax you. We’ll help you choose the best options to make your treatment as comfortable as possible.
After removal of teeth, it is often recommended to place graft material as significant bone loss occurs during the first year.
Restoring your smile after teeth extractions in Eagle, CO
At Castle Peak Dental, we offer a number of options for restoring your smile and chewing function. Some possibilities include:
- Dental implants: Implants replace your missing tooth roots as well as the actual tooth. They also prevent additional bone loss by fusing to your existing bone. Dental implants are a permanent and non-removable solution to tooth loss.
- Dentures and partials: Full or partial dentures are replacement teeth attached to a removable appliance.
- Dental bridges: This is a good option for a single missing tooth or consecutive missing teeth. The dentist will attach supporting hardware to neighboring teeth that hold the replacement teeth in place.
Let’s talk about your tooth extraction
You’re bound to have many questions. Our Eagle, CO dentists will be happy to discuss the extraction procedure as well as your tooth replacement options during a personal consultation. We want you to be well informed so you can relax knowing you’re in good hands at Castle Peak Dental.
Schedule your appointment for teeth extractions in Eagle, CO
We’re pleased to serve the kids, parents and grandparents of so many Eagle Valley families. At Castle Peak Dental, you’ll experience the personal attention and gentle care that have made us the choice for family dentistry in Eagle, CO for over 12 years. Call us today at (970) 328-1116 to schedule your appointment and learn what it means when we say your best interest is our only interest.